Humidity Levels = Bud Rot [ H E L P ? ! ]

• Hey gurus - has anyone figured out how to help decrease the humidity?

Oddly, I do not believe the built in humidity sensor to be very accurate. It never reports being higher than 65%.

I've installed two sensors in the box, and they both report much higher relative humidity.

Temp01 sensor reports 78%, located on the left side of the box.
    Temp02 sensor reports 74%, located on the upper right side of the box.

The built in sensor reports 60%

My concern is another round of tossed buds due to mold.

Any suggestions?
    @BloomCS

• @flowerpower94 said in Humidity Levels = Bud Rot [ H E L P ? ! ]:

Hey Omacoder - what temperature is your recipe at? I've noticed a lot of the older recipes on the forum call for 78F for starting and veg.

Except for starting a seed, I find that keeping temp at 72 across the board keeps the plant happy. Higher temps aren't really conducive to a good VPD. Plus, it helps to regulate the humidity better. Higher temps mean your plant is going to transpire more and cause the humidity to drive up higher.

Otherwise, I would suggest pruning. Getting rid of large, mature fan leaves and unproductive parts of the plant (read: lower portions that aren't really getting enough light) is a surefire way to bring down your humidity.

I've never run into any problems with my grows, but it's also pretty dry around here.

Have you reached out to support@magical.com? They might be able to provide you with some help as well.

I was using a recipe from the store that had temps at 78.
    I tried lowering the temp down to 72 but still couldn't get the humidity down.

I ended up with a few moldy buds.

In drying now, and continue to have the same problem. I dropped the temp down to 65 but still cannot get RH down.

I will write support.

Thanks!

• Hey Omacoder - what temperature is your recipe at? I've noticed a lot of the older recipes on the forum call for 78F for starting and veg.

Except for starting a seed, I find that keeping temp at 72 across the board keeps the plant happy. Higher temps aren't really conducive to a good VPD. Plus, it helps to regulate the humidity better. Higher temps mean your plant is going to transpire more and cause the humidity to drive up higher.

Otherwise, I would suggest pruning. Getting rid of large, mature fan leaves and unproductive parts of the plant (read: lower portions that aren't really getting enough light) is a surefire way to bring down your humidity.

I've never run into any problems with my grows, but it's also pretty dry around here.

Have you reached out to support@magical.com? They might be able to provide you with some help as well.

• This post is deleted!